Wafra Joint Operations (WJO)
The Assets Management (Wafra) Group of KGOC is composed of Reservoir/Petroleum Engineers, Geologist/Geophysicist, Drilling Engineers, Project Engineers, Process Engineers and Facility Engineers.
This Group’s role and responsibilities includes, but not limited to:
- Ensuring the optimum management of reserves.
- Ensuring WJO’s compliance with the approved plans, established general guidelines and Kuwait Conservation Laws.
- Ensuring technically sound and cost effective methods are employed to execute WJO projects and activities through technical assurance processes for the Budget Proposals and Authorization for Financial Expenditures (AFEs).
- Maintaining and managing a dynamic involvement in initiating and proposing of exploration and development opportunities within WJO.
- Participating in preparing and updating KGOC Strategic and Business Plans.
- Liaising between Kuwait Petroleum Corporation, K-Companies, Saudi Arabian Chevron and the Ministry of Oil for Kuwait with regards to related activities.
- Implementing KPC Directive of effective exploration, development and production for the Partitioned Zone utilizing the latest technologies.
- Conducting geological studies and simulation studies to support WJO.
- Supervising and coordinating the activities related to all surface facilities in WJO.
- Providing Technical & Operational support to WJO.
- Participating in technical studies with Wafra Joint Operations for development and evaluation of new or expansion projects and follow-up the progress.
- Monitoring and reporting to KPC: crude shipment, crude quality, gas utilization etc.
- Ensure crude shipment to KOC and KNPC.
- Initiate KGOC sole account projects, controls and ensure timely completion through the project cycle.
- Initiating Ideas, studies and pilots for KGOC best interest with minimum risk on investment.
- Maintaining technical dialogue with WJO, KJO, SAC, KPC & subsidiaries, other KGOC departments, Ministry of Oil and Kuwait Government agencies.
- Monitoring critical and major projects execution.
Khafji Joint Operations (KJO)
The Assets Management Group (Khafji) of KGOC is composed of two Teams Fields Development (Khafji) and Projects and Facilities (Khafji). The teams comprises of different sub-surface and surface disciplines like Geophysics, Geology, Reservoir Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Drilling Engineering, , Process, Project, Surface Production and Facilities Engineering.
This Group’s role includes, but not limited to:
- Ensuring the optimum management of reserves. Estimation of Reserves as per guidelines.
- KJO Field Performance predictions using Reservoir Simulation models.
- Reservoir Management assessment and performance review of Khafji Field Reservoirs.
- Create short-term and long-term production profiles.
- Conduct and Coordinate various Field Development studies.
- Working with Joint-venture partner to address all issues related to production operations, reservoir management practices, exploration strategy etc.
- Maintaining and managing a dynamic involvement in initiating and proposing of exploitation and exploration opportunities within KJO.
- Liaise with Partner for meeting production targets and achieving production growth through reservoir management and facility optimization of offshore oil and gas assets.
- Envisage strategies, plans and programs to achieve short and long term objectives of KGOC in accordance with KPC/MoO targets and guidelines.
- Participate in preparing and updating KGOC Strategic and Business Plans.
- Providing support in formulation of KGOC’s views related to projects proposed for the annually updated five year business plan and yearly operational plans.
- Involved in corporate reporting activities.
- Participate in KJO Field Development and Facilities project activities.
- Monitor facilities operations and maintenance activities.
- Participate in strategic projects in KJO.
- Ensuring KJO’s compliance with the approved plans, established general guidelines and Kuwait Conservation Laws.
- Liaising between Kuwait Petroleum Corporation and the Ministry of Oil for Kuwait with KJO related activities.
- Monitors and reports to KPC: crude shipment, crude quality, gas utilization etc.
- Maintains a technical dialogue with KJO, WJO, KPC & subsidiaries, other KGOC departments, Ministry of Oil and Kuwait Government agencies.